I NEED to buy my partner an engagement ring AND a wedding band? Do we need to use diamonds? What is with all this tradition, anyway?
- Gemstone Engagement Rings
- Ruby Engagement Rings
- Emerald Engagement Rings
- Sapphire Engagement Rings
- Morganite Engagement Rings
- Moissanite Engagement Rings
- Black Diamond Engagement Rings
Do you buy old jewelry/gold? Can you melt down my old rings/chains/cuff-links to make my new ring?
When will my ring be ready?
How can I get my partner’s ring size without them knowing about it? It’s supposed to be a surprise!
What payment and shipping options are available?
Do you make custom orders?
Yes, we make certain custom orders and can customize orders from our listed products. We can customize our jewelry pieces to 10k, 14k or 18k Gold Setting. We can further customize the orders to various Diamonds/Gemstone options like GIA Diamonds, Morganite, Moissanite, Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire etc. Please email us the details and we can update you on the available options.
Please note - All custom orders are made to the specification you need and hence Customized orders do not qualify for returns/refunds.
We do not offer exchanges of rings. All our items are handmade to order, hence it is difficult for us to offer exchange on designs. Any update/upgrade, change of style, design, ring size, gold setting 24 hours after placing the order, will incur charges, depending on the design and style.
Gold Plating Products
Gold Plated jewelry is the best option for wearers who are love gold jewelry but need to stay in a budget. It gives the impression of luxury while not causing you to break the bank every time you see a cute, trendy ring, bracelet or necklace. Gold plated jewelry is made by using electricity or chemicals to deposit and bond a very thin layer of gold over another metal. This process creates a layer as thin as 1/1000 to 3/1000 of an inch of gold over a more affordable metal, usually silver, brass or copper. All our jewelry is made with Solid Sterling Silver.
The downside of gold plating is that the gold layer fades and tarnishes over time. The reason being that molecules of the base metals slowly transfer into the thin layer of gold causing it to break down
The gold surface can break down or tarnish with normal wear and tear.
To decrease the chances of wearing out, here are easy ways on keeping the luster of your gold plated jewelry. As it is a thin layer of gold, extra care should be taken to maximize its lifespan.
- Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold plated jewelry. Wear your jewelry after you have sprayed on your favorite perfume so that chemicals on the spray or perfume does not interact with your jewelry’s metal.
- Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your gold plated ring, bracelet or necklace.
- Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, perfume and the like may react with metal/plated jewelry and will cause it to tarnish easily. This also goes with sweat, so make sure you don’t forget to remove your gold plated jewelry when you exercise or anything that would require heavy physical work, and also when swimming.
- Every after use, clean your plated jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt it has acquired. Gently rubbing the surface of your gold plated jewelry using a soft jewelry cloth also helps restore shine.
- If your jewelry needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water. Soak it for a few minutes and you may clean it with a soft brush. Stay away from jewelry cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will just make your gold plated jewelry tarnish more quickly.
We do not and cannot guarantee how long the Gold Plating will last. If does happen that the gold plating fades away over time and you wish to get it plated again, we offer Gold Plating service for our customers only. There will be a nominal discounted charge for plating service. Please chat with us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further queries.